The following text serves to inform you about the processing of your personal data within the framework of our internet offering.
Greif-Velox Maschinenfabrik GmbH
Kronsforder Landstrasse 177, 23560 Lübeck
District Court Lübeck,
Managing director: Ralf Drews (Chairman), Thorsten Köll
CONTACT DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
WHEN DO WE PROCESS WHICH PERSONAL DATA
In the following cases we process your personal data:
- When you visit our website, information is automatically transmitted to the server of our website through the browser used on your terminal device. This information is stored temporarily in a so-called log file. When this happens, the following information is collected without your intervention and stored until automatic erasure takes place:
- IP address of the computer requesting access,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the accessed file,
- website from which the access takes place (Referrer URL),
- browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
- If you have questions of any kind, we invite you to contact us via a contact form available on the website. To do this, you must state a valid e-mail address, so that we know who is sending us the query, and so that we can reply. Additional details can be given on a voluntary basis.
- If you wish to send us a job application, either in response to an advertised position, or as an unsolicited application, we will process the documents you submit and your personal data.
- In case of unsolicited applications we need your name, address and other contact details, date and place of birth, citizenship, and copies of any qualification certificates.
In addition, you have the option of submitting to us any supplementary information which you deem to be relevant and beneficial for the justification of an employment relationship.
- Subscription to our newsletter – When you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your e-mail address and name. The data submitted by you will be processed.
- We offer you the option of registering on our website. The data entered during registration are visible from the input mask of the registration form, and are collected and stored exclusively for the use of our website. With your registration on our site, we will also store your IP address and the date and time of your registration.
PURPOSES OF DATA PROCESSING
We use the personal data actively provided by you solely for the agreed purpose and only to the extent necessary.
- The specified data is used by us for the following purposes:
- to ensure smooth connection to our website,
- to ensure the easy use of our website,
- to assess the system security and stability, and
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is GDPR Article 6 (1) point f. Our legitimate interests are pursuant to the purposes specified above for data collection. Under no circumstances will we use the collected data to draw conclusions about your person.
- Data processing carried out for the purpose of establishing contact with us takes place according GDPR Article 6 (1) point b on the basis of a pre-contractual measure. Should a contract be concluded, the data may be recorded in our customer support system. The data will not be processed for any other purpose.
- The date processing serves the purpose of establishing and implementing an employment relationship according to GDPR Article 88 together with BDSG § 26 (Federal data protection act). If the application is successful, the personal data will be entered in our personnel file and will be used for employee administration procedures.
- Providing you have given your express agreement according to Art. 6 Para 1 S. 1 lit. a) GDPR, we will use your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you our regular newsletter.
- If you have registered on our website, we will use your data for the management of your account and, in the event that a third party misuses your data and registers with this data on our site without your knowledge, as a safeguard on our part in accordance with GDPR Article 6 (1) point b.
CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
No transmission of your personal data to third parties will take place for any other purpose than those specified below.
We will pass on your personal data to third parties in the following cases only:
- if you have granted your express consent thereto in accordance with GDPR Article 6 (1) point a,
- if the transmission according to GDPR Article 6 (1) point f is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims, and there is no reason to suppose that you have an overriding or compelling interest in the non-transmission of your data,
- if there is a legal obligation for such transmission according to GDPR Article 6 (1) point c, or
- if it is legally permissible and necessary according to GDPR Article 6 (1) point b for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
Data transfer to third countries will only take place, providing that you have granted us your consent.
DURATION FOR WHICH PERSONAL DATA IS STORED
- Cookies are saved in your browser as so-called "session cookies", which means that your browser will automatically delete these once you have left the website. In this case, the duration of the data storage depends on the technical features of your browser.
- Personal data transmitted to us in connection with a contact request on our website, will only be stored for the duration of processing the enquiry. If a contract is concluded, the data provided by you can regularly be stored in our customer support system for 10 years, provided there is no legal obligation that requires us to store it for a longer period.
- The personal data will be stored as follows:
- in case of rejection: until the end of the application process. However, the maximum storage period is six months.
- in case of hiring: our storage terms are applicable. The information to which you are entitled will be made available upon hiring.
- The personal data you provided will be stored until further notice.
- Personal data transmitted to us in connection with a registration on our website, will only be stored for the duration of the existence of the account. If a contract is concluded, the data provided by you can regularly be stored in our customer support system for 10 years, provided there is no legal obligation that requires us to store it for a longer period.
Please note that we will erase your data if storage thereof is unlawful (in particular, if the data is inaccurate and no rectification is possible). If erasure conflicts with any statutory or factual obstacles (for instance, special retention periods due to trade and tariff regulations), the data will be blocked instead.
Right to object
If your data is processed on the basis of “legitimate interest” under GDPR Article 6 (1) point f, you have the right to object to the processing of your data in accordance with GDPR Article 21, providing that there are reasons arising from your specific situation or the objection is directed against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection which will be implemented without reference to any specific situation.
To exercise your right to objection or revocation, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RIGHT TO INFORMATION, RECTIFICATION, ERASURE, RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING
The data subject has the right to information about the respective personal data, as well as the right of rectification or erasure, or restriction of processing. Furthermore, the data subject has the right of objection to data processing.
RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
The data subject has the right to data portability.
RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
PROVISION OF PERSONAL DATA
There is no statutory obligation for you to provide personal data.
You are under no contractual obligation to communicate personal data to us in the context of business activity (if an anonymous option exists). You are welcome to render such data anonymous or to otherwise erase the personal references.
AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING INCLUDING PROFILING
In some circumstances automatic profiling with the aim of evaluating personal preferences may occur. We use such profiling measures in the following cases:
Based on statutory and regulatory provisions, we are obliged to combat money laundering, funding of terrorism and crimes compromising monetary assets. In this context, data analyses (incl. comparison with statutory lists) are performed.
In the cookie, information is stored which results from the specific terminal device used in each particular context. However, this does not mean that we thereby obtain direct knowledge of your identity.
Apart from this, we also use temporary cookies to improve the user friendliness of our website. These are stored for a certain, specified length of time on your device. If you then return to our website in order to use our services for a second time, it will automatically recognise the entries and settings you made previously so that you do not need to enter this information again.
The data processed by cookies is required for the purposes mentioned to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties under GDPR Article 6 (1) point f.
The data processing purposes and data categories are indicated in the respective tracking tools.
1. Google Analytics
To assure the demand-oriented design and the continuous optimisation of our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (Google Ireland Limited Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4,Irland; hereinafter: "Google"). In this context pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies are used (see Point 4). The information generated by the cookie on your use of this website, such as:
• browser type/version,
• operating system,
• referrer URL (the page accessed previously),
• host name of the computer requesting access (IP address),
• time of server request,
is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to analyse the use of the website, compile reports on website activity, and provide additional services in connection with website and Internet use for the purposes of market research and the needs-oriented design of these web pages. This information will also in some cases be transmitted to third parties, as far as this is required by law or as far as third parties process this data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymised so that no assignment is possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by activating the appropriate setting in your browser software; please note, however, that if you do so, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website in full.
Furthermore, if you wish to prevent the collection of data generated by cookies and related to your usage of the website (incl. your IP address) and to opt out of such data being processed by Google, you can download and install a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
Furthermore, for the most commonly used browsers Google offers a deactivation option which gives you more control over which data will be collected and processed by Google. If you enable this option, no information on your access of the website will be transmitted to Google Analytics. However, activation does not prevent data being transmitted to us or to other web analysis services we may use. Further information on the opt-out option provided by Google, and on how to activate this option, is available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
As an alternative to the browser add-on, in particular for browsers on mobile devices, you can prohibit data collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. This will set an opt-out cookie which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie is valid in this browser and for our website only, and is filed on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will need to reset the opt-out cookie.
2. Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
In order to capture statistics on the use of our website and to use these to optimise your website experience, we also run Google Conversion Tracking. In this process, Google Adwords sets a cookie (see Point 4) on your computer if you have accessed our website via a Google advertisement.
Such cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the website of the Adwords client, and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the client can detect that the user has clicked on the advert and been redirected to this page.
Each Adwords client is issued with a different cookie. Hence, cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of Adwords clients. The information received by means of the conversion cookie are used to create conversion statistics for Adwords clients who have decided on conversion tracking. The Adwords clients are informed of the total number of users who have clicked on their advert and been redirected to a page marked with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not obtain any information by which users can be personally identified.
If you do not wish to participate in the tracking procedure, you can also reject the setting of a cookie required for this purpose - e.g. by using the browser setting which disables the automatic setting of cookies altogether. You can also disable cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com". Google's data privacy statement on conversion tracking can be found at ().
3. Youtube Videos
On some of our websites we embed Youtube videos. The operator of the relevant plug-ins is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. If you visit a site with the YouTube plug-in, a connection to the Youtube servers is established. In this case, Youtube will receive notification of which pages you visit. If you are logged into your Youtube account, Youtube can match your surfing habits to your personal profile. You can prevent this happening by first signing out of your Youtube account.
If you have disabled the storage of cookies for the Google Ad program, you will not have to bother about cookies when watching Youtube videos. However, Youtube also stores non-personal usage information in other cookies. If you wish to prevent this, you should block cookie storage in your browser.
You will find further information on privacy at YouTube in the privacy notice of the provider at www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
This website uses social media plug-ins from Facebook to give you a more personal user experience. For this purpose we use the buttons "LIKE" or "SHARE". This is a feature of Facebook.
When you access a page of our website which contains a plug-in of this kind, your browser sets up a direct connection to the Facebook servers. The content of the plug-in is transmitted by Facebook directly to your browser and linked to the website by the browser.
Through integration of the plug-in, Facebook receives the information that your browser has accessed the relevant page of our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or are not presently signed into Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly to a Facebook server in the USA and stored there.
If you are signed into Facebook, they can match your visit of our website directly to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plug-in, e.g. by clicking the "LIKE" or "SHARE" button, the relevant information will also be transmitted directly to a Facebook server and stored there. In addition, this information will be published on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends.
Facebook can use this information for the purposes of advertising, market research and the demand-based design of the Facebook pages. For this purpose, Facebook creates usage, interest and relationship profiles, e.g. to evaluate your use of our website with regard to the advertisements displayed to you on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website and to provide further services related to the use of Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to match the data collected via our website to your Facebook account, make sure that you sign out of Facebook before accessing our website.
Further information about the scope and purpose for which data is processed, collected and used by Facebook, as well as your rights in this respect and the setting options for protecting your privacy, can be found in Facebook's data protection policy (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/).
Our website uses plug-ins from the social networking service Twitter. You can recognise the Twitter plug-in (tweet buttons) by the Twitter logo on our website. For an overview of the tweet buttons please go to (https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons).
When you access a page of our website which contains a plug-in of this kind, a direct connection between your server and the Twitter server is established. Thus Twitter is informed that you have visited our website with your IP address. If you click the tweet button while logged into your Twitter account, you can link the content of our pages to your Twitter profile. As a result, Twitter can match the visit of our website to your user account. Please note that we as operator of the website do not obtain knowledge of the content of the transmitted data or the use thereof by Twitter.
If you do not want Twitter to be able to match the visit of our website to your account, please sign out of your Twitter account.
You will find further information on this subject in the privacy notice of Twitter (https://twitter.com/privacy).
6. Privacy statement Google Maps
This website uses the product Google Maps by Google Inc. By using this website you consent to the collection, processing and use of the automatically gathered data by Google Inc, its representatives and third parties.
and the additional terms and conditions for Google Maps, as per
On our website we use components of the network XING.com. These components comprise a service of XING AG, Dammtorstrasse 29-32, 20354 Hamburg, Germany.
Each time you visit our website which is equipped with a component of this type, the component prompts your browser to download a corresponding representation of the component from XING.
On our website we use components of the network LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a service of LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Each time you visit our website which is equipped with a component of this type, the component prompts your browser to download a corresponding representation of the component from LinkedIn.
As a result, LinkedIn is notified of the particular page of our website that is being accessed at that moment. If you click the LinkedIn Recommend button while logged into your LinkedIn account, you can link the content of our pages to your LinkedIn profile. As a result, LinkedIn can match the visit on our website to your LinkedIn user account.
We have no influence either on which data is collected by LinkedIn, or on the extent of the data collected by LinkedIn in this way. Moreover, we have no knowledge of the content of the data transmitted to LinkedIn. For details of data collection by LinkedIn as well as your rights and setting options, please refer to the privacy notice of LinkedIn. This notice is to be found at
If you contact us via the instant messaging service WhatsApp, your telephone number is automatically transmitted to us. We can also see your WhatsApp nickname.
Please note that privacy and data security is not guaranteed with instant messaging services. When you install and use WhatsApp on your smartphone or mobile device, you automatically consent to the General Terms and Conditions of WhatsApp, on which we have no influence. These include granting WhatsApp Inc. access to your telephone number and the contacts saved on your mobile device. Furthermore, data is stored on the WhatsApp Inc. servers which are not subject to the European data protection laws. We assume no liability for any damage incurred due to the use of such platforms.
By your active contact request, you consent to the use and storage of your telephone number. The telephone number is used exclusively for the provision of the described/subscribed WhatsApp service. Your data is not passed on to third parties.
The data is stored for the exact duration of use of the WhatsApp service. You can object to the storage of your number at any time. To do this, send us a WhatsApp message with a clear text - your data will then normally be erased at the latest within 48 hours - and delete us from your contacts.
10. Lead Forensics
For the purposes of marketing and optimisation, our website uses products and services of the company Lead Forensics (http://www.leadforensics.com). The headquarters of Lead Forensics is located at Communication House 26 York Street, London, W1U 6PZ, United Kingdom. Lead Forensics identifies details of your organisation including telephone number, web address, SIC code, and a description of the company. Lead Forensics determines the actual course of your visit to this website, including all the pages you have visited or looked at and how long you spent on this site. Under no circumstances is data used for the personal identification of an individual visitor. Insofar as IP addresses are collected, these are rendered anonymous immediately after collection. On behalf of the operator of this website, Lead Forensics uses the information collected to analyse your visit, compile reports regarding website activities and provide to the website operator further services connected with the use of the website and the Internet. If you are not in agreement with this, you can at any time object to the data collection, processing and storage with effect for the future by clicking on the following link: http://lfwebproxy.westeurope.cloudapp.azure.com:5000/?clientID=108463
We use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption method in conjunction with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. This is normally 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256 bit encryption, 128-Bit v3 technology is used instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed representation of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
UPDATING AND AMENDMENT OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This privacy statement is currently valid with status as of May 2018.
Due to the further development of our website and offers available via the website or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to amend this privacy statement. You can call up and print out the current privacy statement on the website at any time.