For many customers, bagging and filling performance gives them the most leverage in the success of their businesses. We strive to engineer our systems to deliver you high output and consistently high quality.
We achieve this through precisely coordinated sub-processes for both our solid bagging machines and our liquid filling machines:
- Better bagging performance: Our Valvomat S1 & IV bag positioning systems boast a 99.5% reliable bag positioning rate
- Maximum speed and optimal accuracy: The A-Dos-P1 pallet filling system processes all containers on a pallet simultaneously in the Bunghole Recognition Identification System (BRIS) with a digital full-screen camera
Efficiency is everything for production lines. To increase the efficiency of our systems, we consider all factors influencing Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) right from the beginning of product development.
The focus here is primarily on machine availability, performance, and product quality:
- Minimizing downtime: Predictive maintenance increases uptime, streamlining setup and product changeover with savable process parameters and automatically adjustable machines (one example is the automatic bag carriage adjustment of our BVP pneumatic packer)
- Preventing unplanned downtime: Maximize process speed with as few interruptions as possible by replacing wear parts in the scope of planned maintenance work with the help of machine data and optimized service lives
- Reject reduction: Avoid rejects with self-optimized control loops between the checkweigher and bagging machine
Clean systems protect your operating staff, prevent contamination, and enable more efficient processes.
For instance, the Greif-Velox BVP pneumatic packer offers the following options:
- Clean in Place (CIP): Fast, efficient product changeover with minimal downtime and product loss thanks to wet cleaning or residue-free emptying functions
- Residue-Free Emptying Function: Only 2-5 grams of residual product remains in the packer, which can then be emptied from the tank in seconds
- Greif-Velox ValvoSeal Waffle Welding: Bags are sealed along multiple sealing lines, making it 60 percent stronger than single-line seals, eliminating contamination and offering excellent product protection.
It doesn’t help you if your machines aren’t ready when you are. Keeping downtime as short as possible is a critical factor for high OEE and the efficient operation of packing systems overall.
The service life of our machines is often more than 20 years.
We enable maximum availability and minimum downtime through:
- Quick troubleshooting using VPN: Thanks to a secure VPN connection, our experts connect directly with your system from anywhere in the world, not only resolving any faults or issues, but helping you optimize your processes. In 90% of cases, this resolves the issue and avoids the hassle of scheduling a service technician to visit your site in person.
- Worldwide service network: Our pool of vetted service technicians works in close cooperation with our sales and service partners in key countries and regions, so you’re covered if something goes wrong.
- Fast availability of spare parts: A high degree of in-house production and the use of established standard components that are available worldwide means that your machines can be back online quickly.
For the long-term reduction of Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), we have developed various features for our customers. Some examples of this include:
- Our Greif-Velox ValvoDetect systems sort out potentially faulty bags before they can lead to the contamination of a pallet, which results in potential savings of around EUR 60,000 per year:
- Before the empty sack is positioned on the nozzle, the ValvoDetect-S Save checks the valve. Faulty bags are rejected and can be returned to the bag manufacturer for a refund.
- ValvoDetect-C Clean checks that the valve is correctly positioned in the welding station. Incorrectly positioned bags are rejected; the filled product can be fed back into the filling process, and no incorrectly sealed bags make it onto the pallet.
- Reduced risk of gas leaks with secure seals: You don’t want to worry about transport risk and no interruption of the logistics chain due to containers leaking gas once they’ve left your plant. The fully automatic screwing tool on the Greif-Velox A-DOS-C IBC filling system uses both screwing depth and torque measurements to ensure every lid is fastened securely and correctly. This avoids costs of around EUR 20,000 that might result from a hazardous material incident if gas leaks from an incorrectly sealed drum.
For Greif-Velox, sustainability means reducing your carbon footprint through the targeted use of efficient, low-emissions technologies.
The Greif-Velox VeloVac, our vacuum system for ultra-light powders is a great example of how we help you run a clean production line:
- Storage and logistics costs cut by up to 75% because bags are compacted by up to 400 percent, wasting less fuel
- Product losses are avoided thanks to dust-free filling in a sealed vacuum chamber
- Reduced CO2 emissions and faster service and maintenance with remote applications
- Optimization of processes and replacement cycles for wear parts thanks to the evaluation of data from sensor- and process-controlled components (such as the blades on the smartValvoCut)